Management of Pregnancy and Delivery
Follow up of normal pregnancies:
- 1st visit (7-8 weeks). Ultrasound scan to confirm viability of pregnancy and to order a first trimester blood test.
- 2nd visit (12 weeks). Ultrasound scan of the first trimester (11-13 weeks) and to order the maternal serum screening (Test EBA) to detect fetal chromosomal anomalies.
- 3rd visit (15 weeks). Maternal serum screening results and arrangement of the 20 weeks scan.
- 4th Visit (20 weeks). Ultrasound of second trimester (high definition) and to order a second trimester blood test. Booking of the Labor Preparation Course if wished.
- 5th visit (25 weeks). Second trimester blood results and the option to have a transvaginal ultrasound scan to measure the cervical length in order to prevent premature labor. To book the 4D ultrasound (optional).
- 6th visit (27 weeks). Only if you choose to have a 4D ultrasound.
- 7th visit (29 weeks). Ultrasound scan of the third trimester, to check the growth of the baby.
- 8th visit (33 weeks). Follow up of pregnancy and to order a third trimester blood test.
- 9th visit (36 weeks). Third trimester blood results, ultrasound scan to check the growth of the baby and to take a rectal and vaginal swab in order to detect the presence of Streptococcus Agalactiae in the patient.
- 10th visit (38 weeks). To perform a Non stressful test (NST) and a vaginal examination.
- 11th visit (39 weeks). To perform a Non stressful test (NST) and a vaginal examination.
- 12th visit (40 weeks). To perform a Non stressful test (NST) and a vaginal examination.
- 13th visit (41 weeks). To perform a Non stressful test (NST) and a vaginal examination. To arrange for an induction of labor between 41-42 weeks.
In high risk pregnancies such as twin pregnancies monochorionic or bichorionic, Intrauterine growth retardation, pre-eclampsia, we do a strict ultrasound control of the growth and a Doppler ultrasound to evaluate the utero-placental circulation that allow an investigation of fetal hemodynamic responses to physiologic and pathologic events.
The Delivery will take place essentially in Hospital Quirón Teknon, with the exception of the insured of SANITAS will be assisted on CIMA and in Centro Médico Teknon too and the insured of Asistencia Sanitaria Colegial that it will be in the Hospital of Barcelona, and always it will be performed by a member of the obstetric team of Institut Dr. Masip, all of them get to know the patient during the follow up visitations of her pregnancy.