Gynecological Check up
It’s usually done once a year. It consists of:
- Pap smear to detect cervical pathology
- Transvaginal ultrasound scan to detect any problems in ovaries or uterus
- Mammography or Breast ultrasound scan, depending on the age of the patient, to detect breast pathology
- Blood test (cholesterol, thyroid gland function, glicemia)
- Bone densitometry during the menopause to detect osteoporosis (every 2-3 years)
With the check up, we can detect vaginal infections (Gardenella, candidiasis…) or sexual transmitted diseases (papiloma virus) and treat them.
We can also find uterine pathology such as endometrial or cervical polyps that can be removed, endometrial pathology detected by pipelle biopsy during the examination or to arrange for curettage in theater, if needed, and once we have got the results back, we can treat it accordingly.
We have, on stock, the Papiloma virus vaccine against the Papiloma virus that cause the cervical pathology (CIN or cervical cancer) and we can administrate it, if needed.