In our Fertility and Assisted Reproduction Unit we will help you to make true your dreams of becoming parents, it doesn't matter if you have a male or female partner or if you have decided to became a single parent. We can give you information about how to preserve your fertility.
Who should come to a fertility appointment?
- Couples who have been trying to get pregnant for over a year or for over six months if the female is over 35 years old
- Females who wish to have children in the future and they want to know how fertile they are now or they wish to vitrify their eggs
- Females who wish to became single parents or with a female partner and wishing to be pregnant
- Females with recurrent miscarriages
In the first Appointment, we will assess your situation and we will ask for the standard diagnostic tests:
- General blood test
- Hormonal test
- Transvaginal Ultrasound scan
- Sperm test
It depends on the case, we will ask for another tests:
- Special genetics tests
In the second Appointment, we will evaluate all the results and we give you a possible diagnosis and the treatment for it.
If an assisted reproduction technique is necessari, we can advice you on the best centers for it.
The Assisted reproduction techniques have increased the statistic possibility to have a healthy baby to take home. It depends on the cause of the infertility, a variety of procedures can be performed.
The most actual ones being:
- Artificial insemination with your partner or with a sperm donor
- In vitro fertilization with your own eggs
- In vitro fertilization with egg donation
- The lesbian reciprocal IVF method or the Shared motherhood
- Egg vitrification
- Embryo adoption from a donor
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis
- Recurrent miscarriages treatment
- Female without a partner